Our Contract with you:
- This agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all previous agreements and understandings between parties.
- If you make an order on behalf of another person you warrant that you have full authority to do so and you accept personal responsibility for every act or omission by you.
- Because we rely on our suppliers for the provision of some of our Goods, we do not guarantee that Goods advertised on our website are available. We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time.
- The price of Goods may be changed by us at any time. We will never change a price so as to affect the price charged to you at the time when you buy those Goods.
- Goods are only sold and delivered by us to the Republic of Ireland.
Acceptance of your order
- Your order is an offer to buy from us. Nothing said or done by us is an acceptance of an order until we despatch the goods to you.
- At any time before the Goods are despatched, we may decline to supply the Goods to you without giving any reason.
- If we do not have all of the Goods you order in stock, we will offer you alternatives. If this happens you may either accept the alternatives we offer or cancel all or part of your order.
Price and Payment
- The price payable for the Goods that you have ordered is clearly set out on our website.
- It is possible that the price may have increased from that posted on our website. If that happens, we will not despatch the Goods until you have confirmed that you wish to buy at the new price.
- Prices include Irish value added tax (“VAT”).
- If, by mistake, we have under-priced Goods, we will not be liable to supply those Goods to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we dispatch it to you.
Security of your credit card
Card payments are not processed through pages controlled by us. We use an online payment service provider who will encrypt your card or bank account details in a secure environment. The service provider is Stripe.
Cancellation and Returns
- You may cancel your order at any time before the expiry of 14 days from the date you receive the Goods, not including the day you received it.
- The option to cancel your order is not available:
- If you purchase sealed Goods which relate to health or hygiene, and they become unsealed after delivery, or cannot be re-sold for some other reason;
- If you decide to cancel your order within 14 days after we have despatched the Goods, you have a further 14 days in which to return the Goods.
- You are responsible for the cost of returning the Goods. We have no obligation to refund to you, your cost of re-packing or returning the Goods.
- If you give notice to cancel the order to purchase the Goods, but then fail to return it within 14 days, we are entitled to arrange for its collection. If we do, we will look to you to repay the cost of collection.
- If the Goods you return show any sign of damage not previously reported, we shall be entitled to deduct the cost from your refund amount.
- In the event of cancellation of an order by you in compliance with these terms, we will refund any money due to you within 14 days.
- To assist us in identifying your Goods on receipt by us, we ask you to provide a telephone number for a return reference to be placed inside the packaging
The above does not affect your rights in the event that the Goods are faulty.
Delivery and pick up
- Deliveries will be made by the Carrier to the address stipulated in your order. You must ensure that someone is present to accept the delivery.
- If we are not able to deliver your goods within 30 days of the date of your order, we shall notify you by e-mail or phone to arrange another date for delivery.
- Goods are sent at our risk until signed for by you or by any other person at the address you have given to us. All goods must be signed for on delivery by an adult aged 18 years or over.
- When your Goods arrive, it is important that you check immediately the condition and quantity. If your Goods have been damaged in transit, you must refuse the delivery and immediately contact us so that we may dispatch a replacement quickly and minimize your inconvenience.
- Goods are sent via The Furniture Stores Home Delivery Service or via a third-party courier. We will send you a message by email to tell you when we have despatched your order.
- If we agree with you to deliver on a particular day or at a particular time, we will do our best to comply. But no time given is to be treated as contractual. Thus, we are not liable to you for any expense or inconvenience you incur on account of delayed delivery or non-delivery.
Liability for defects
We will repair or replace Goods which fail to comply with the provisions of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1980 or which show a defect. If you claim that the item is defective, the following conditions apply:
- Defect must be reported to us within three days of becoming apparent.
- Defect results only from faulty design or manufacture.
- You have returned the defective Goods or parts to us if we have so requested.
If delivery was made to Irish address, you are also protected by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1980.
If we agree that we are liable, we will refund the cost of return carriage and repair or replace the Goods free of charge.
If we repair or replace the Goods, you have no additional claim against us either under this agreement or by statute or common law, in respect of the defect.
These provisions apply in the event that you return any Goods to us for any reason except as a result of your cancellation under the Regulations:
- Before you return any goods to us, please carefully re-read the instructions and check that you have assembled it correctly.
- Goods must be returned to us as soon as any defect is discovered but not later than 14 days.
- So far as possible, goods should be returned:
- With both goods and all packaging as far as possible in their original condition.
- Securely wrapped.
- Including delivery slip.
- At your risk and cost.
Your right to cancel
Under the European Union Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire 14 days after the contract was made. That means you can cancel before we have delivered your purchase to you.
How to cancel
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is enough for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement, sent to us by e-mail on [email protected].
Delivery, Assembly and Returns Services
Delivery times depend on the product being delivered, whether it’s in stock and available for delivery.
We aim to have the majority of items in stock, but sometimes this is not possible, on receipt of your order we will call you to confirm & arrange a time for your delivery or collection.
- Fastway (items weighing up to 25kg subject to dimensional limitations)
Please note that Fastway may contact you prior to your delivery if there are any issues with your address or scheduled delivery. If the delivery date set by Fastway does not suit you. You may rearrange delivery to another day by contacting Fastway directly.
Should you miss the delivery, the driver will leave a card through your letterbox stating that delivery was attempted and that your items can be collected from their collections point.
- The Furniture Stores Home Delivery Service (Items weighing more than 25kg/ measuring greater than 1.5 metres)
We’re committed to providing a delivery service that is quick, efficient and hassle-free. If you are not home to receive your delivery during our pre-arranged time and date and our team are unable to reach you this delivery will be deemed a failed delivery.
Please Note: A re-delivery charge will apply if goods were loaded and could not be delivered through no fault of The Furniture Stores. Re-delivery will take 5-15 working days depending on your address.
As part of this delivery service, we will take your items to a room of your choice and remove all protective packaging on all ready-made furniture items.
Please note that assembly is only provided under the Furniture Stores home delivery service. Assembly is not available on item/s delivered by Fastway. If you require us to assemble any item for you that you purchased, we can arrange to do so. If you have any further enquiries about assembly for your order you can email us at [email protected]. There will be a charge for this service from €20- €40 depending on the piece in question. The assembly of products needs to be booked prior to delivery. All items that require assembly are clearly marked on the website
**Please note, all of our bed frames, dining tables and some occasional furniture are delivered unassembled.
If you have changed your mind about an online purchase, you have 14 days from the day you received your product(s) to inform us of your intention to return your purchase.
You can contact us by phoning on 087 9174838 or by emailing us at [email protected].
· Returns: Product Not Suitable.
To receive a full refund for your online order, the item must be in a resaleable, “as new” condition and be in the original, undamaged packaging.
It is the customers responsibility to return the item/s and the customer will be responsible for any return shipping charges.
If unable to arrange for a return of your product(s) we will arrange collection during normal business hours (Monday to Saturday) if requested. In such circumstances, a charge of €49 or €99 will apply to cover the cost of collecting and returning the item(s).
Any item(s) out of original packaging will incur a 30% restocking fee.
We will not reimburse any costs accrued using alternative return methods other than the options provided to you.
Refunds will be processed to the original payment method used at time of purchase usually within 10 business days once we have received the returned item.
· Returns: Product Damaged/Defective.
Any damage must be reported on receipt of the item/s. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that item/s are received in good condition.
Please contact us by email, [email protected] and we will arrange an uplift for furniture orders.
A replacement will be issued to you on receipt of the damaged item.
If you do not require a replacement, a refund will be processed to the payment method used during your original transaction with us.
**Prior to returning goods please contact us on [email protected] who will guide you through our hassle-free returns’ process. This may include inspection of the goods, arranging for the goods to be repaired on-site, or providing you with a replacement.
We will respond to your message as quickly as we can and advise the best options available to you.
· Item does not fit
The measurements for all of our products are listed clearly on our product pages. It is your responsibility to measure the area in which you will be placing your new furniture, along with the route to the item’s final destination (doorways, stairways, etc…).
If the item does not fit, and you purchased it online, it can be returned within the 14 days cooling-off period, subject to a restocking charge of 30% of the original purchase price.
Options for payment are
/cash payment in store
/online line bank transfer
/cash on delivery
At Furniturestoresireland our aim is to deliver within 10 to 15 working days from ordering there is no charge for in county or local delivery and deliveries are made using our own transport been mindful of the products and are always at the customers choosing.
Furniture and beds can be assembled for a small additional fee
To contact furniturestoresireland
Email [email protected]